I feel like I never know what to write in my “about” section. What am I exactly supposed to say? Should I write my name? birthday? favorite food? favorite color? ambitions? negative and positive traits? What exactly matters and what do people actually care about?
I did a past Time Killer Thursdays post using photos from the tumblr blog And That’s Who I Am in an attempt to share a bit more about myself. Today, I also thought it would be fun to give you guys a bit more insight into… well… ME :) I’ve found this 25 Questions tag on Tumblr and decided to answer it! Maybe in the process of writing this post out, I’ll learn a thing or two about myself. Who knows?
1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
Looking into someone’s eyes when I’m telling them how I feel. I’m honestly not a very ‘I like to share my emotions’ kind of person and I would feel weird enough without looking at them in the eyes. On the other hand, I’m very comfortable with staring at people’s eyes when they’re talking… to the point where they feel squirmy ;)
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?
To be completely honest, I get quite irritated easily. However, I rarely get angry. I think I’ve only been really angry a couple of times in my life. The last time was about an year and a half ago. I had a friend who I thought I knew so well and completely trusted with all my heart. I won’t go into details, but this friend ended up doing something extremely bad (this isn’t about drugs or anything like that) and I couldn’t help but feel as if she had betrayed me. Everything that I thought was the truth, everything that I believed in, everything that I thought our friendship meant suddenly felt like lies. It made me feel as though she had lied about everything. I have never been so disappointed in a friend before and I’m sorry to say that I have absolutely no intentions of fixing our friendship. She’s just someone I don’t want to ever see again and I’d like to live the rest of my life ignoring her existence… THE END
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
My mom. I’d tell her I love her and thank her for everything she’s ever done for me. See you later, I guess.
4. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
Of course, I’d tell my close friends and my family. I’d be a horrible thing for me to know and just suddenly die without giving other people the chance to prepare as well. The ones left behind have it much harder than the one leaving. If I had the money, I would go on a trip with my closest friends and family. I would make as many memories as I could with them. It would be a lie if I said I wasn’t scared. I would be extremely afraid, but what can I do? I’d just have to accept the future and live in the moment.
5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.
Trust… Love would die without trust. Trust always comes first.
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dog’s life? Why or Why not?
Of course I would take the time to save the dog’s life. I don’t think I would be able to live the rest of my life happily when I knowingly let a life die (please – a dog is different from a fly or an ant, in my opinion at least).
7. Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?
Wouldn’t this be the same person? I choose option C – I no longer ever want to be hurt by anyone I trust or love. But I guess all emotions come with risk.
8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?
“Thank you for telling me how you feel.. but I’m sorry. I just don’t feel the same way”
Is what I imagine myself saying in my head. But if I was actually facing such a situation, I would probably get shocked, stammer “sorry”, then run away freaking out and crying.
oh gosh. I’m an awful person…
9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?
No. Not because one year is precious to me, but because death is a part of life and bringing people back – whether for an hour or for a century – is wrong. Of course I would want to bring her back. I’d give up half my life… But I know it’s just not right. Life is a cycle and who am I to mess with it?
10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
I’m seriously grateful for all my friends. I really don’t know how they can stand me. I’m obnoxious and annoying as heck!