I’ve always loved seeing what’s inside other people’s bags, whether it be in real life, through youtube, or through blog posts and pictures. It’s interesting because it almost gives a glimpse into that person’s life. If they’re a student, they’re likely to carry around notebooks and if they’re a mom, then they probably have a toy lounging around somewhere in the corner of their big bag. Neat freaks have a tendency to organize everything into pouches and pack rats (like my mom) seem to store tons and tons of unnecessary receipts in their ever-growing bags…
Being that I’ve always enjoyed taking a peek into others purses, I decided to create a post of my own to share with you all the junk (though, in my opinion, I really don’t carry around much) I weigh down my shoulders with.
This is the bag that I carry around on a daily basis. It’s not large enough to fit my macbook and A4 sized paper, but it’s the perfect size for daily use (of course, I would use a big backpack or a huge tote bag for school). I love how simple it is with black leather and gold detailing. Being that I usually wear dark colors on a daily basis, this goes with everything in my wardrobe. I also like that the zipper to the main compartment is located on the back of the bag – it’s a unique design and it also helps keep things safe.
The only thing I’m kind of iffy about is the strip of black suede on the front of the bag. I feel like it might become dirty quickly and that it could look a bit hot for the warmer weather. I guess I’ll have to deal with that and use a different bag when the weather warms up.
[If you're wondering where I got the bag, it's from a Korean brand called Beanpole (you can get this bag <here> if you live in/can read Korean... I'm not really sure if you can buy it internationally). I would say that the pricing is similar to that of Marc by Marc Jacobs.]
My main compartment consists of a bunch of… well… important things and a few random things…
Here, we can see:
- Chocolate Covered Altoids (I love these – do they even make them anymore?) tin filled with advil, medicine, band-aids…ect. I’m a walking pharmacy.
- Daily planner that I really use on a daily basis – I feel super lost without writing down everything that I need to do…
This planner is from another Korean Brand (you can buy it <here>). I’ve also thought about getting a Moleskine planner but decided against it because it doesn’t have the monthly calender filler things before the weekly planner sheets (I’m sure those of you who use it understand what I mean).
- My Moleskine journal. A.K.A my life. I literally write down everything and anything in here. My thoughts, weird story ideas that sometimes pop up in my mind, little drawings, DIY inspiration, things I want to buy, brands I want to check out, people I want to write about, future blog post ideas… things I need to do for colleges :(…
- Small Burberry wallet (old – very old but I only started using it recently). I usually don’t have any cash on me and the only reason I carry around my wallet is so that I can have all my bubble tea point cards on hand. Yum!
- My favorite Herbacin Wuta Kamille hand cream. Although it doesn’t smell especially delicious, it’s super rich and moisturizing! Perfect for the winter. It also comes in a small tin which would be easier to carry around.
- Kitty sleeping mask with gel inserts. You can just use it or make it cold to de-puff your eyes. Whenever I’m in the car or on a plane, you can bet that I have my sleeping mask on :) Kind of weird that I carry it around on a daily basis… but hey, I need my sleep.
- Strawberry-shaped leather pouch filled with extra lenses and a glasses-wiper. Most important thing in my bag.
- House keys and a USB. The heart-shaped keychain is also from Beanpole and the cute little stone person is a souvenir from Jejudo when I went with my school on a trip.
- Pair of grey gloves from Beanpole. Okay. I sound like a Beanpole maniac – I swear, I’m not sponsored by them…
Anyways, gloves are a necessity when it’s winter in Korea. I promise you, your hands will freeze off.
In the bigger of the front two compartments, I carry around a few things that I find myself reaching for often.
- Two pens. One black and one a bright color like red or orange. Being that I carry around my planner and journal everywhere, I’m constantly writing things down.
- Ice Breakers, berry flavored :) need I say more?
- Always, always have gum on hand. I feel like giving people gum in school is like giving them drugs. You have to be quiet and discreet or else, everyone will be begging you for some.
- Benfit Hello Flawless face powder. I am definitely NOT your go-to girl for makeup. I really have no idea what’s going on in that department. But hopefully, by the time I’m heading off to college, I’ll know how to make myself look at least a bit more presentable.
- Another USB. Does anyone else here carry around their life on their USB? If I lost this, I wouldn’t know how to deal with myself. It has everything from my art portfolio to all my college applications and essays on it.
In the very front small pocket, I carry around lip products. I’m sure every female carries around at least some sort of lip balm (or twenty) in their bag. Every time I visit a store, I feel a need to buy some sort of lip tint or balm or gloss or…
Anyways, I only carry around a few things in here
- Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in #52 Génie
- Smith’s Rosebud Salve – a classic that I love (thank you so much Sally Wally!)
- Lip Ice lip balm in apple – super minty and refreshing
I don’t think I carry around too much in my bag… or do I? What do you guys think? What do you carry around in your bag?
I think it would be fun to do another one of these posts except with a smaller bag that you have to squish things into… hmmm
I leave you with a song that I’m addicted to at the moment. Her voice is gorgeous…
So tell me you love me
Only for tonight
Only for one night
Even though you don’t love me